3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2013 10:41 AM by SimonSherwood_1

Getting Filemaker to ask a question depending on field contents and a find question

SimonSherwood_1

Title

Getting Filemaker to ask a question depending on field contents and a find question

Hi All

I have no idea if this is possible, but is there a script command to get filemaker to ask a yes/no question depending on information inputted in a field?

What I have is a database with customer accounts (Customers) and transactions these 2 tables are related by ID, in my line of work I receive tips that need to be accounted for.  This is easily done by having a tips field for each transaction record.  I input the transaction records by a Portal in the Customers table in a form view and even have some info to auto enter upon entering the fields of the portal.  Could I set a script that if payment exceeds customer balance I get asked if the excess money is a tip or money on account? And if I say yes or no the relevant transaction field is adjusted.

Also I have various forms set up with scripted finds upon entering the form, sometimes no records are found which is correct however I don't like the failed search question. Is it possible to perform a find and if no records are found to then perform another find without being asked a question.

Simon.