AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting my print view to not print every single record in a range of dates.

Question asked by GabeDiaz on Dec 19, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 by Sorbsbuster

Title

Getting my print view to not print every single record in a range of dates.

Hello,

I have a print view layout which puts data collected every 1-2 hours into columns. It uses a self-join relationship based on the Date field. Each day ~12 records are created.

I created a print feature which works well if you want to print one day because I can just have it omit the current record, then show only omitted, and it will still print all the days records because of the way the layout is set up. However... if I want to print 3 days (3 pages) and I do a find of 9/6/2011 ... 9/9/2011 and try to print those, it will want to print out a page for each record (36 pages).

What would be the best way to have it only find 1 record for each day? I thought of a few different ways but everything I think of has flaws or could possibly be broken. I thought of having a counter that would reset every day, then I could set parameters for a range of dates and 1 in the counter field to get what I need but I couldn't think of a fool-proof way to reset it every day. I am afraid my users may end up going backwards in the records and trigger the script in an old record and reset the counter at the wrong time and end up screwing everything up.

So I'd appreciate some ideas.

Thank you.

Outcomes