AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting name of external file in table relationship

Question asked by LewisLorenz on Feb 10, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2011 by LewisLorenz

Title

Getting name of external file in table relationship

I am using FMP 7. I am trying to get the name of the database file in a relationship table. I do not know how to do this since upgrading from FMP 6.

In FMP 6 I was able to get the name of the related database file using the RelationshipInfo design function. I used that file name to create a list of the fields from the related database. The interface allowed my user to select a relationship in the front database and then be able to select a field name from a list containing the names of the fields in the related file. The list changed via a calculation field that extracted the file name from the relationship information and then getting the default list of fields from the related database.

i understand that the relationships in FMP6 are now tables in FMP7 but the related database file name is no longer avaiable in the new table RelationInfo design function.

How can I achieve the same functionality in FMP7 as I described doing in FMP6? Is there a way to retieve the file reference name in a table?

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Outcomes