AnsweredAssumed Answered

GetValue function for non-carriage return key?

Question asked by SunnyChu on Sep 29, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

GetValue function for non-carriage return key?

Hi, I am currently developing a task organizer that can help me turn my brainstorm work from another software called "workflowy" into actual list of delegatable task for my employees. Here is what I would like to do:

Field setup:

Field 1 - Description

Field 2 - Type

Field 3 - Employee

Input

For the input I will be chunking a huge list of text into a field with each different item seperated by a carriage return.

There are 3 possibility with each item in the input text.

1. brainstorm content #issue

(that means this content is classified as an issue)

2. brainstorm content #task 

(that means this content is classified as a task)

3. brainstorm content #task @employee 

(that means this content is classified as a task, and it assigned to a specific employee)

Output

What i would like to do is to make a script that can generate a record with description as brainstorm content, then detect the word after # and set it as type, then finally detect the word @ and set the word after it as employee.

The current problem I am facing is that I tried to use GetValue to detect it, but GetValue only detect carriage return so I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to detect the other symbol.

I am guessing this topic is somewhat related to text extraction but I am not sure where to begin, are there any function out there that I could use to detect # and @? or maybe some work around that can do the intended function?

Thanks in advance

Sunny

Outcomes