1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 1:48 PM by philmodjunk

Glitch with script to find date range - please help?  FM 13 Pro Advanced

EliseRead

Title

Glitch with script to find date range - please help?  FM 13 Pro Advanced

I have searched the forum but haven't been able to find my problem addressed. I have spent HOURS on this, as I'm a newbie in script writing.  Using the official FM directions re "script to find date range".  I can't get this thing to work. I know I have a problem with how to get an open parenthasis in front of the "State Date" re "Show Dialog Box", and I problem have another few issues.  I'm hoping someone could please advise me on this? 

Here's the script. 

script.JPG

• 1. Re: Glitch with script to find date range - please help?  FM 13 Pro Advanced
          philmodjunk

Enter Find mode[]
          Perform find[]

makes no sense in your script.

You should put a perform find only at the end after all search criteria is specified by the set field steps.

I would put the three if blocks before ever entering find mode.

I would remove the first enter find mode and the first perform find steps.

I'd clear the "pause" check box in the enter find mode near the end of your script.

and a common beginner mistake is to define the date field as a text field instead of specifying the date data type for it.

You might find this thread of scripted find examples helpful: Scripted Find Examples