1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 10:20 AM by philmodjunk

global field for search on instant web publishing

JonathonHill

Title

global field for search on instant web publishing

Hi,

I am trying to set up my database for instant web publishing. Because I want to limit some functions, and for aesthetic reasons, I am trying to make it so the top bar can be hidden and everything can be done within the layout. I have created a "Quick Find" box by making a global field in my table and then writing a simple "perform quick find" script. It works, except that when I open the database in two browsers at the same time, the search criteria that one person enters is stored and seen by the other person. Is there a way to limit it to one person. I would like to keep the value if possible (instead of just resetting the field when the search is performed), but I would need to allow several people to be searching at once.

Thanks

• 1. Re: global field for search on instant web publishing
          philmodjunk

If you specify global storage for the field where they enter the criteria, each user will be unable to see the criteria entered by another. The exception to this is that any data entered into the field from the "host" computer (This is easy to do by you the developer) will be retained. You may just need to clear that field after taking it down off the server (Server Advanced) or after opening the file on the host machine (when hosted by FileMaker Pro).