2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 3:08 PM by JCrawford

Global field in header Q

JCrawford

Title

Global field in header Q

I'm still using FMP 11. Maybe it is now essential to upgrade to FMP 12, something I postpone because of the hassle.

I have a header on a fiscal report with two global fields. One global is the starting date for the report. The other is the ending date. The fields are used in a find function and they label the top of the report with a date range. The report does not display a body - it is only a single summary part sorted by Month Name. Picture attached.

The globals in the header act buggy. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they disappear. Sometimes they appear but the value can't be changed, or they get hung up on the drop down calendar. I tried a few things to "jiggle" them into cooperation, including a few different script triggers upon entry, modify, or exit involving Refresh Window. The most effect script trigger has a "Go to Object" down in the Summary part, followed by Refresh Window. This one works most of the time. Of I can just click my curser in the summary part. That unbinds it.  Will FMP 12 fix this particular situation for a report without a body, and global fields in the header?

BuggyGlobalFieldsInHeader_FMP11.JPG

• 1. Re: Global field in header Q
          philmodjunk

Sometimes they work. Sometimes they disappear.

That suggests that they don't actually have global storage. Either that or something else is affecting their visibility such as a conditional format or something is clearing the value entered...

Sometimes they appear but the value can't be changed,

This is a known bug in FileMaker 10 and 11 that does not occur in FileMaker 12. Try making sure that the current record is the first record and your window is scrolled to the top of the page and you then should be able to edit the values in these fields.

For More Information see:     Sometimes global field in header become disabled

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

• 2. Re: Global field in header Q
            JCrawford

Thanks Phil. Even with a script trigger to "go to first record" the global field in the header remains unreliable. Time to upgrade to V12. I appreciate your clarification.