AnsweredAssumed Answered

Global Storage Fields

Question asked by ScottSesen on Sep 28, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Global Storage Fields

Hello,

I have created a number of Global Storage fields.  Do these need to be container fields?  I have them as test with dropdowns with a value list.  I can choose values and they retain their values.  However, if someone else goes into the database the values are not there and if I close out of filemaker and go back in the values are gone.  Can someone tell me where I am making my mistake?

Thanks...

More info to clarify...

I basically set up two types of fields.  Both Global.  Both Text fields.  One has a value list of names of users and one has a value list of resources (licenses in this case).  I want a user to be able to go to this layout and select their name and which licenses they are using.  We basically have 30 VM's.  I set up a user field and a licenses field for each VM so if I am using VM01 I go to the user field next to VM01 and choose my name from the dropdown and then choose the licenses from the VM01 licenses field (value list of check boxes) and other users can do this for the user and license fields next to vm02, 03 etc.

Outcomes