AnsweredAssumed Answered

GMAIL SMTP settings work with one account but not the other.

Question asked by wildcat on Mar 16, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2017 by HammerOz

Title

GMAIL SMTP settings work with one account but not the other.

I am using FM Pro 13 on Server 13

I wrote a script to take email addresses from one table and use them to mail a PDF copy of  layout in another table to those recipients in the first table.  I have fields in a third table that the user can input the email information for their account to send the email from.  I incorporate this into the send mail script using the SMTP option.

This all works fine when sending from my Gmail account which is set up as a IMAP.  The emails are sent as expected

When I use a second Gmail address to try and send the exact same thing, I get a "connection was refused by SMTP server" message.

The second address was set up originally as a POP3 account, but I went into the settings and changed it to IMAP but got the same result.

I have received messages from Google that the second email account is blocking the IP I am trying to send from.

I indicated to Gmail that it is me and that it is a correct IP address I am using.

I still get the same results, can send from the first, but not the second gmail address.

I have tried both ports 587 and 465 as well as SSL and TLS.

Any ideas on how to get the second email address to work?

Outcomes