3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 8:34 AM by philmodjunk

Go Back / Forward script

rmen

Title

Go Back / Forward script

Hello

I am having trouble trying set up a forward and back button on each layout that will take the user to the previous layout or the next.

Please help.

ram

• 1. Re: Go Back / Forward script
          symbister

Set up buttons with Go To Layout (Specify Layout Number by Calculation) = Get(LayoutNumber) - 1 to go back, +1 to go forward, always assuming that the order in which they are listed is the order in which you want them...

Although why you'd want to give this control to a user I'm not sure - they might find a layout you wouldn't want them to have access to...are you sure you want to do that?

• 2. Re: Go Back / Forward script
            IT_User

Or have global fields that stores the layout names (forward and back) [ Get ( LayoutName ) ]

Then use: Go To Layout ( Name by Calculation ) with the global field content in a script that would re-record the layoutnames.  By this method it is possible to have more control on which layouts the user is allowed to go. Sometimes I don't set the global layout name if I don't want the user to go to the previous layout, and have the possiblity of sending a message to the use they aren't able to do that.

• 3. Re: Go Back / Forward script
              philmodjunk

You can also use a a global variable for this:

Go To Layout [$$LayoutName]

It requires that you use this script step: Set Variable [$$LayoutName ; Get ( LayoutName )]

Each time you change to a new layout. The OnLayoutEnter trigger can be set on each layout for that.

You can even "stack" the layout names in this variable ( or IT_User's global field ), to list all previous layouts that were visited and your script can "pop" one layout name at a time off the stack when going back and your OnLayoutEnter trigger can "push" one such layout name onto the stack each time you visit it.