1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 9:38 AM by Nerico_1

go back to a the prior layout if accessing a layout from multiple layouts?

kilbot

Title

go back to a the prior layout if accessing a layout from multiple layouts?

Okay,

I have multiple layouts (for different users) that have a button on them formatted to go to another layout. I want to creat a button on that layout that will take the user back to the layout they just cam from how can I do this? Is it possible?

Thank you

• 1. Re: go back to a the prior layout if accessing a layout from multiple layouts?
          Nerico_1

I would create a global variable to store the name of the layout that they are leaving, (basically the "From" layout).

Now, when you did your button setup to navigate to the "to" layout, did you trigger a script or just a go to layout command?

Because you would need to create a script now to first store the "from" layout's name in the global field and then navigate to the "to" layout.  Then you could add a "Back" button to the "to" layout that would trigger a script to send you back to the "from" layout by getting its name from the global field.

Someone else might have a better idea, but i'm pretty sure this would work.