1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2010 9:37 AM by philmodjunk

Go to a specific layout from another file

paolobkk

Title

Go to a specific layout from another file

Hi everyone,

In my FM solution I have different files related to each other. 1 main file and some other related files to hold heavy files in container fields (like jpg, pdf...)

The main file has a "Main menu" layout that is reachable from any other layout of the same file (just an easy "go to layout" command).

Now I need to show a list of those container fields, so I've made a new list layout within the file where the container fields are stored.

The problem is that I would like to put the "Menu" button here but I can't find the way to make it point to the "Menu" layout in the main file.

Any suggestion?

PS: -I'm considering to change approach. I could make a list layout in the main file (based on the related main  table) and I'll use the fields from the "container" file... -

FMPA11 on Windows7 - file remote from FPS11 on Mac Mini Server

• 1. Re: Go to a specific layout from another file
          philmodjunk

You list layout idea should work.

If you want to go to a specific layout in another file, you can use perform script to perform a script in the other file that uses go to layout to select the desired layout. You can even pass the layout name to this other script as a script parameter so that one such script can select different layouts depending on the layout name or number passed to it as a parameter.