AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go to a specific record, NOT sorting, just moving, and using text in a field to do it

Question asked by JohnSebastian on Apr 20, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2011 by JohnSebastian

Title

Go to a specific record, NOT sorting, just moving, and using text in a field to do it

I need help here. I can move to a specific record NUMBER using a script. Was east to do using a calculation , intiger, moving me to that record. The pages I am moving to are STARTER or first page records of 10 distinct parts of my data base. SO, if I add or subtract a record, I have to go back and change the calculation, HARD WIRED record number to the new number I am now seeing as I progress through my sorted records.

Therin lies the need to go to a record using a text field that identifys each and every START page of a section of my database.

For exanple, I have a main field I use in my database called CFC Waynesville, that sorts and controlls everything. The fileld reads," F01/Application/01" at the start page. I need to create a script that moves to that record using this distict. TEXT, identifier, not using a "find" that eleminates all other records,but simply moves me to that spot in my database.

Field = "CFC Waynesville",

Record name in text = "F01/Application/01"

Move me to that record in script.... PLEASE!

Outcomes