3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 10:45 AM by TSGal

Go To Field iwp

sipgrinder

Title

Go To Field iwp

I have a script with Go To Field. If the field specified is in a normal layout, it works fine. If it is in a portal, it works in Filemaker but does not work in the web browser using iwp. I have tried Go To Portal Row and Go To Object with no effect.

• 1. Re: Go To Field iwp
          TSGal

sipgrinder:

Thank you for your post.

I have two scripts that work in both Safari and Firefox.  

Script #1:

Go to Portal Row [ Select ; First ]

Set Field [ RelatedTable::RelatedField ; "text" ]

Script #2:

Go to Portal Row [ Select ; First ]

Go to Field [ RelatedTable::RelatedField ]

In Script #1, the value is being changed in the portal.  In Script #2, my cursor is in the field ready to edit the value.

I placed two buttons on the layout.  One to execute Script #1, and the other to execute Script #2.  Pressing either button executes properly with Instant Web Publishing.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Go To Field iwp
            sipgrinder

I used both of your scripts and neither worked the way I want. One thing I did differently is I went to last portal row instead of first, but this does not seem to make a difference. I think it is a problem because the portal record does not exist until it is actually edited. If I use a script step to add text to a field in the sub record then go to field, it works.

Go To Portal Row [Select;Last]

Set Field [Cart::Date Stamp; Get (Current Date Stamp)]

Go To Field [Cart::Description] 

Without the set field in the empty portal row, the Go To Field does not work in iwp. Is that correct? 

• 3. Re: Go To Field iwp
              TSGal

sipgrinder:

My scripts work the same if I change it to:

Go to Portal Row [ Select ; Last ]

Go to Field [ relatedtable::field ]

I am using FileMaker Pro 10v3 on Mac OS X 10.5.7.  Accessing the database using either Firefox or Safari on either Mac or Windows, the cursor remains in the last portal row in that related field.  I do not need to set any field.

What version of FileMaker Pro are you using?  What version of the OS?  What browser are you using and the version?  I will try and duplicate the problem on my machine(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.