AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go to Field Script Step not working

Question asked by schpa on Apr 17, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2015 by schpa

Title

Go to Field Script Step not working

Hey!

So I'm creating a database for my little company where the main user will be dealing with orders, stock status etc, and one of the most important features I want for this database is ease of use, generally just smoothness where you can go through everything with as little mouse-clicks as possible, most script steps that opens, performs calculations etc has a "Go to Field" script step at the end to the most logical next field.

But for some reason, this exact field will NOT let it self be automatically entered.

I've tried everything from Exit Script ; Result:False to prevent the KeyTrigger which fired the step to go to the next field, I've tried setting it as the next tab order and set the script to go to next field, which admittedly did work, but as the field is in a portal row and I want this script to always enter this specific field in the last portal row, this brings nothing. I've tried deleting the field and creating a new one with the exact same name, thinking that the FileMaker database file might have messed up the code or whatever to identify the field, but this didn't change a thing.

It's driving me mad and I have no idea what to do next.

This is how the end of the script looks. I'm not going to link the whole script as it's kind of long and it also kind of long and also contains a Perform Script script step which then also would have to be linked, besides, if I perform the exact same script steps, just with another field, it works.
So here it is ;

Perform Script ["Open Produktionpopover and Set Fade Global Variable"]
Commit Records/Requests []
Refresh Window []
Set Variable [$$script; Value ""]
Go to Field [Produktion::ProdBez]
Go to Portal Row [Select; Last]
Go to Field [Produktion::ArbeitTyp]
Exit Script [Result:False]

Any ideas/suggestions would of course be greatly appreciated!

Simen

Outcomes