3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2011 9:07 AM by jungovox

Go to field Script step not working ?

jungovox

Title

Go to field Script step not working ?

I've seen this in the past (v11.3)

If I add these two SIMPLE script steps on to the end of some scripts.

New record
      Go to (and select) field

the new record step will work but the go to field will NOT work - NO fields in the layout will be 'active'

I have tried putting delays between the two steps, commit records, even put the two steps as another script (which will work if I just run that script) - the filed I am going to is the 1st field in the tab order -

I don't get it.

• 1. Re: Go to field Script step not working ?
          jungovox

Apparently adding exit script [false] after go to record works...

I don't get it ....

• 2. Re: Go to field Script step not working ?
            philmodjunk

Is this within a script performed by a script trigger? If so, that could explain it. The Exit Script [False] step cancels the pending event that fired the script trigger and might be an event that would otherwise put the cursor in a different location as it takes place after Go To Field.

You can look up "setting up script triggers" in FileMaker help to see a table of all triggers and which perform scripts before the triggering event and which perform them after the triggering event.

• 3. Re: Go to field Script step not working ?
              jungovox

Yes... It WAS from script trigger - I burnt up 3 hours trying everything I could think of - The exit script [false] ended the madness - I found that 'clue' but searching these boards.

My ST did perform table lookup/deletes all kinds of things but the last step after creating a new record / go to field just didn't work. -

Thanks for chiming in PhilModJunk - I'll surely look deeper into ST and what they are doing -