2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 4:36 PM by john9210

Go to Layout peculiar behavior

john9210

Title

Go to Layout peculiar behavior

FM 12 adv. I’ve created a new layout but Go to Layout buttons will not go to the layout. Instead, they go to the layout just before the new layout. Go to buttons go to other layouts with no problem. Just the new layout is a problem

I have been developing the database for the last few weeks with no problems. This peculiar behavior suddenly started to happen. To correct the problem I’ve tried recovering the file and rebooting the computer. But nothing worked. I’ve also deleted the layout and created a new one. Same problem: the button will not go to the layout.

Going to the new layout via script also does not work! It also goes to the preceding layout.

I opened a backup version, created a new layout. Same problem!

I have 24 layouts. There’s no limitation on the number of layouts is there?

I don't know where else to look. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Go to Layout peculiar behavior
          philmodjunk

I have systems with many times that number of layouts and go to layout does not have an issue for me.

Things to evaluate as a possible cause:

Is there a script trigger that might be tripped by the change in layouts? A large number of triggers can be tripped by a scripted layout change, both on exiting the current layout and upon entering the new layout.

What exact form of Go to Layout are you using? Might you be using either of the "by calculation" methods?

• 2. Re: Go to Layout peculiar behavior
            john9210

Problem solved. An errant script trigger like PhilModJunk suggested.