8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 8:34 AM by cn2

Go to next record

cn2

Title

Go to next record

Heres a screenshot of my script which mostly works but I want to add a couple of things.

1. shift+tab for backing up.

2. go to first record if the record is last 

also haven't been able to make it work if the field is a drop down list. why would that be

Screen_Shot_2015-01-12_at_4.59.51_PM.png

• 1. Re: Go to next record
          SteveMartino

Does it work if its a popup?

Both of your go to record steps are set to [Next].  Is that what you want?

Tab and Shift + Tab work for navigation if the inspector has the fields set up to Go to Next Record, and the Tab is checked.

• 2. Re: Go to next record
            cn2

popup doesn't work either. the dropdown works if tab but not for return/enter

right the else if is to check to see if the return/enter was used

should tab be the only selected? now i have tab, enter, and return selected. but i do want them all to go to the next field

• 3. Re: Go to next record
              SteveMartino

Ah..just re-read your post.  You want to go to the next record when someone hits Tab or Enter?

• 4. Re: Go to next record
                cn2

yes

• 5. Re: Go to next record
                  cn2

and to previous record if shift-tab

• 6. Re: Go to next record
                    SteveMartino

I don't like this approach because a user typing into any field, thinks that Tab or Enter should take them to the next field, not the next record, but if you want it, and you want to suppress other layout triggers:

On Layout Setup, script triggers tab:

Check the OnLayoutKeystroke box and add this script:

If [Get ( TriggerModifierKeys ) ) =1 and Code(Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) )=9]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Previous]

Else If [Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) )=9 or Code ( Get ( TriggerKeystroke ) )=13]

If [Get(RecordNumber)= Get(FoundCount)]

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Else

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next]

End If

End If

Go to Field [Select/perform; Grading::Score]

Halt Script  

Edit: Edited script

• 7. Re: Go to next record
                      philmodjunk

Did you know that ctrl-up arrow takes you to the previous record and crl-down arrow takes you to the next record?

• 8. Re: Go to next record
                        cn2

ok thanks. yes the data entered on layout is a single field in each record, so the user needs to very quickly move down thru the records. I've also set up the up and down arrow keys to do the same. So whether the tab, enter, or up and down is used the script moves the the next field of the following or previous record. thanks for your help. 

Still don't know why it doesn't work with a popup field tho