5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 8:27 AM by bookalaka_1

go to Object problem fmp12

bookalaka_1

Title

go to Object problem fmp12

Good Morning,

I can't get the goto object script to work in fmp12? Works fine in fmp11 and is a simple script never had an issue with. Has there been a change to the procedure in 12? I made a Test file just to be certain my fmp12 wasn't corrupted and same issue nothing happens? my test is 3 tabs NOTE, DIRECTIONS AND PEOPLE.

go to object [Object Name:"NOTES"]

go to object [Object Name:"DIRECTIONS"]

go to object [Object Name:"PEOPLE"]

Thanks for direction.

• 1. Re: go to Object problem fmp12
          philmodjunk

There has been no change. What, exactly, goes wrong for you? You've posted your script but failed to describe what goes wrong.

• 2. Re: go to Object problem fmp12
            bookalaka_1

Figures I would post and then find the solution. I overlooked the Inspector NOT having a name in the "Name" on the position tab was the problem.

I thought this would happen automatically by creating a tab and naming it obviously it doesn't. 

Thanks for your time.

• 3. Re: go to Object problem fmp12
              bookalaka_1

Well Actually I do need help... 

I have a tab with an inventory portal and a script that allows the user to delete an entry. The problem I'm having is the updating of the "Units on Hand" field on my Beverages TO. If I click into the Beverage table "Units on Hand" field updates. How do I script to click into an object and make the field update?  I have tried go to object "Entry"  this doesn't seem to work nor does selecting another tab. Only by clicking into the TO does the field update. Is this a script trigger use?

set error capture on

Show custom dialog  ["Confirmation ;"Do you want to permanently remove " & Get ( ScriptParameter ) & "?"]

if get Get [( LastMessageChoice ) = 2]

exit script[]

End If

Delete Portal Row

Go to object[Object Name"Entry"]

Go to Field [Beverages:"Units on hand"

• 4. Re: go to Object problem fmp12
                philmodjunk

"Clicking into a TO" makes no sense to me. We click into fields, not table occurrences. Or does "TO" mean something else here?

Getting totals to update correctly can be a factor of whether or not a record with edited fields is committed and whether a window or object has been refreshed. In extreme cases Refresh Window [Flush Cached Join Results" ] is needed, but this is generally an option to avoid as it can greatly slow down layout refreshing as it.

• 5. Re: go to Object problem fmp12
                  bookalaka_1

Turns out the "commit record" step was missing