AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go to related portal row from another portal row without scrolling

Question asked by DaWood on Jan 30, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Go to related portal row from another portal row without scrolling

Hi,

I've done some research and none seems to answer the problem I'm looking for. I'm looking for a solution that when you click on a portal row with GTRR button, it takes you to another layout and automatically select that portal row that has the same record, without any filtering or scrolling to find it. In addition, the portal row numbers are not the same in any two layouts. 

For example, I have Layout A, with Table A, that has a portal from Table B. I have another layout, Layout C, with Table C, that also have a portal from Table B. I want to be able to click on the portal row in Layout A that takes me to Layout C and automatically "highlight" that same portal row. Table A and Table C are related, but not identical, so portal row numbers are not the same across layouts.

I've tried the Get ( ActivePortalNumber ) solution where it retrieves the row number and set as variable, then highlight the portal row according to the variable, it works but it doesn't apply to my database because a record in one portal does not necessarily reside in the same portal row number in another portal. I've tried using Get (RecordNumber), but couldn't get the script to work. It looks something like this

SetVariable [$portal; Value: Get (RecordID) ]

Go to Related Record [From table: "Table C" ; Using layout: "Layout C"

Go to Portal Row [Select; No Dialog; $portal ]

I greatly appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

Outcomes