AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go To Related Record in same layout

Question asked by GrahamDavies on Apr 27, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 28, 2013 by GrahamDavies

Title

Go To Related Record in same layout

Hi - 

I am more of analyst than a developer - so apologies in advance if this is hugely straightforward - I have however spent several hours yesterday trying to make this work to no avail.

The first table in a new databse I am creating is called Customers - and has the following fields on it:

Name_First  (Text input field)

Name_Last (Text input field)

Name_Combined (Calculation:  Name_First & " " & Name_Last)

(...a number of other fields... but these are not required to outline the issue...)

In browse mode I want users to be able to input data - no issue there.  I would hoever like to include a button that does the following:

When the user depresses or hovers over the button - a drop down list of already created customers to appear (this is why I have the Name_Combined field - I would like the list to be generated from this field)

If a user scrolls down to one of the existing users and then selects that user - I then want to filemaker to move to that record...

I have included a sample screenshot.  Lets say the user has entered the details of 3 cutomers (i) John M Doe, (ii) Susan Smith and (iii) Andrew Jones.  Whilst on the John M Doe record if they press the "Go to custmer..." button I would like it to show a dop down list of "John M Doe, Susan Smith and Andrew Jones".  If they choose Susan Smith I want Filemaker to navigate to her record.

I am sure this should be a piece of cake to do this... I am just not getting how to do it.

Thanks

Graham

Example.png

Outcomes