AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go to Related Record Problem

Question asked by nashlopez on Apr 15, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Go to Related Record Problem

Hi guys, new in Filemaker Pro 11 Advanced. I want to create a simple Enrollment System., I have 3 tables: Student, Enrollment and
BSASubjects Table. I have joint table the Enrollment Table.

Student Table

pkStudent_ID

Number

Auto-enter Serial

Stud_StudNumber

Number

Stud_Fullname

Calculation

First+Middle+Last

Stud_Course

Text

Stud_Year

Text

Enrollment Table

pkEnrollment

Number

Auto-enter Serial

fkStudent_ID

Number

fkBSASubject_ID

Number

BSASubjects Table

pkBSASubject_ID

Number

Auto-enter Serial

fkStudent_ID

Number

Section

Text

Description

Text

Time

Text

Days

Text

Room

Text

Prof

Text

Relationships are: Student::pkStudent_ID = Enrollment::fkStudent_ID

BSASubjects::pkBSASubject_ID = Enrollment::fkBSASubject_ID

Allow creation of records in this table via this relationship on both fk ID are both enable/checked.

I uploaded different subjects with section, description, time, unit/s, room etc in layout BSASubjectsFreeSection (listview) and show records from BSASubjects and it is ok. I created another layout, let say (BSAFREE Section) layout and show records from Enrollment which I understand this is a child table of BSASubjects table based on the relationships that I created.

I made a button before those fields of BSASubjects table (pk and fk fields not included) so that this button will hold the script of selecting student subject/s and navigating respective layout.

I want that when student click or select the button of that particular subject, I want to show that on the other layout (BSAFREE Section layout) as selected subjects, then go back to subjects selection window layout (BSASubjectsFreeSection) and select another subject/s and vice versa up to the maximum or allowed subject/s for that student.

My problem is my script below, I can’t figure how and why there is no subject/s appeared on the other layout (BSAFREE Section layout)when I select or click the button of that particular subject from BSASubjectsFreeSection layout.

Please help FM Masters

My script:

Go to Layout ["BSA FREE SELECTED SUBJECTS-FFS" (Enrollment)]

Go to Related Record [From table: "Enrollment"; Using layout: "BSA FREE SELECTED SUBJECTS-FFS" (Enrollment)]

New Record/Request

------------------------

screen shot below:

shoot.jpg

Outcomes