2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2015 8:15 AM by Stu412

Grand total portal rows

Stu412

Title

Grand total portal rows

Hi there

I'm sure this has been asked 100 times before and I've been searching around, each time finding only half an answer...

What I have is a portal showing projects and how long each stage of a project will take, ie stage 1 = 1 hour, stage 2 = 3 hours, stage 3 = 23 hours.

I've added these up in my main table using a calculation to give me 9 hours on this project.  So far so good because all this sits on one row of a portal against one project ID.

When the customer has several other projects, I want to add up all the time against all the projects, ie, the row totals, to create a grand portal summary. 

That's where it goes pear shaped.

In the picture I've attached each row is a project and what I want to get in the grey area is a total showing '59 hours'

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Grand total portal rows
          philmodjunk

A portal means that you have a one to many relationship:

LayoutTable------<PortalTable

If you define a calculation field in the LayoutTable like this:

Sum ( PortalTable::FieldToSumHere )

You will compute your total over all the related records in the portal, IF it is an unfiltered portal. If you define a portal filter, duplicate your portal (so that it has the same filter expression), reduce the number of rows to just one row and put a summary field defined in the portal table to compute this same total into that single portal row.

Other options are also possible.

• 2. Re: Grand total portal rows
            Stu412

Phil

Second one works great as I have filtered portals.

Thanks once again for your help :)