AnsweredAssumed Answered

Graph Charting Surival Rate

Question asked by chf on May 5, 2015
Latest reply on May 6, 2015 by chf

Title

Graph Charting Surival Rate

Hi there,

I have an inventory that keeps track of fish.  Each line has a unique stock number that allows us to keep track of lines.  Every week, survival rates for a subset of fish are scanned in using filemaker go, and inputted as new records in a "survival rate" table.  The surivival rate table has the following fields:

date of entry

stock number (which is the unique fish line number)

Number of fish estimated

Within the "line details" section of the inventory, there is a tab where you can see survival rates in a line graph with date on the x axis and number of fish estimated on the y axis.  This is great when you are looking for one particular line, but I would like to find a way to show this graph for many lines on the same graph.  Is this possible? Does anyone have an idea for a good way to show this much data?  The thought I had would be to have a chart in which each stock number is its own series, but I do not know how to do this, nor whether it would even be feasible to look at that amount of data.

We would like to be able to get a good summary of this data, so we can see overall how well fish are surviving and make appropriate changes. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Outcomes