Are you using FileMaker 12?
If so, you might be able to set up a single "stacked" bar barchart that charts Get ( RecordNumber ) and Get (FoundCount) to produce a pair of stacked bars where the boundary between them marks the location of the current record.
You might be able to do something similar with a pie chart in FileMaker 11.
i do have FMP12. could you possibly walk me through how setup a single stacked bar chart?
I got intrigued by this one. You may find that a single bar bar chart is more to your liking, but you can play with the settings and see which you like best, if any. I couldn't get rid of the visible scale for the bar charts. I also got a pie chart to work with similar settings.
1) Enter layout mode and use the chart tool to draw a rectangle in the footer.
2) Select "stacked bar" as the type
3) create two number series: "Record Number" and "Found Count" --> names can be anything
4) for the first series use: Get ( RecordNumber ), for the second series, use: Get ( FoundCount ) - Get ( RecordNumber )
5) On the X-axis tab, select the set maximum check box and specify: Get ( FoundCount )
6) In the data source section, select "Current Record (Delimitted Data)".
7) Leave other boxes/controls empty/unselected.
it looks like it could work but a few issues.
1. my footer isnt very tall and when i size the chart box to fit it doesnt show the graph because it is too small.
2. the bar is one color and does show its size relative to the record but i would like, for example, the bar showing the selected record to be blue and the bar showing the total to be green.
Best I can do with a FileMaker chart is what I described.