2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 10:14 AM by GDstudio

Graphic Acceleration

GDstudio

Title

Graphic Acceleration

If I don't disable Direct Draw / Direct 3d graphic hardware acceleration for my computer the Filemaker redraw times are very slow.  This is especially true in the relationships view to the point that it take up to 30 seconds to refresh the screen.  The slowness is consistent with most of the machines on our network.  I have a decent graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro FX570) so I don't think that is the problem.

Unfortunately disabling the hardware acceleration is a problem for our other graphics intensive applications.

Is there a setting in Filemaker that need to be adjusted to fix this?

• 1. Re: Graphic Acceleration
          TSGal

GDstudio:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you didn't mention what version of FileMaker Pro you were using, nor what platform.  We have seen quite a few problems with screen refresh on Windows machines, so I'm assuming that also applies to you.  Some of these users have received updated drivers from the manufacturer, and this has also helped considerably.

There is one report of a screen redraw/slowness problem with nVidia Quadro NVS 280 PCI-E running on Windows, but that was fixed in FileMaker Pro 9.

Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Graphic Acceleration
            GDstudio
               I am running FM10 on an XPpro machine.  I updated the drivers from the 2008 version to the 2009 version and it seams to have solved the problem.  Thank you for the suggestion.