AnsweredAssumed Answered

Graphic Designer looking for help implementing digitized wine list.

Question asked by DustinGimbel on Dec 1, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Graphic Designer looking for help implementing digitized wine list.

I am graphic designer in need of some File Maker help. My business partner and I are both in the fine dining industry looking build a digitized wine list to implement on an iPad for our restaurant. In essence it's a data base of approx. 400 bottles. When each bottle is selected a pop-up screen appears with information about the wine and photos.

As a designer, I want the user interface to be tailored to my exact specifications. I design in Adobe Master Suite. How do I 

(a) Import a pdf of artwork (that was created in either Illustrator or Photoshop) that can used as the graphic backdrop for the data to lay on top of. Also, are you able to build transitions to give the appearance of flipping through a book? 

(b) Are we able to build a table of contents with clickable scripts that will lead you to the right database? How about a title page? 

We again, want to implement this on the iPad with FileMaker Go, we're just not sure if this is the right route to take or if we should hire a iPad SDK developer. 

Thanks,

zoodesigns

Outcomes