1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 11:10 AM by philmodjunk

Grey Text Values

PeterBue

Title

Grey Text Values

Hello All,

Lots of text fields in the database that I'm working with. I've just recently found that a few records have varying fields that are displaying as grey. Even when the layout is set up to display that text in black, and it is never the same fields. The field changes from record to record. I was wondering if this might have to do with the way the text is stored? Or is this some sort of Filemaker "flag"? I only need to address this problem because of printing concerns, otherwise I wouldn't care.

Any help would be appreciated,

Peter

• 1. Re: Grey Text Values
          philmodjunk

It would appear that a color style has been applied to data inside the field. Styles applied directly to the data supersede styles specified in layout mode for the field object used to access that data.

You can use the TextFormatRemove function both to clean up existing data and to prevent data from being either pasted with styles or to keep users from styling the data in new data.

Replace field contents can be used with this function to remove such styles.

TextFormatRemove ( self ) is an auto-enter calculation you can specify for a field to prevent this from happening in the first place.