AnsweredAssumed Answered

GRID IN FILEMAKER 13

Question asked by wassimzu on Nov 3, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

GRID IN FILEMAKER 13

Here is my problem:  I have several products made up of several chemicals which are made up of several elements combined together. I need to made a grid (please see at the end)

Main Chemical 1 consist of Element 1, Element 2, Element 3

Main Chemical 2 consist of Element 2, Element 4

Main Chemical 3 consist of Element 3, Element 5, Element 6

Product 1 has Chemical 1, Chemical 2

Product 2 has Chemical 1, Chemical 3

Product 3 has Chemical 2

The layout for Chemical Table contains a portal for the related table Elements to input all the elements that made up the Chemical.

The layout Command has the Products Table

The layout Products has a portal for the related table Chemicals to input the chemicals that need to be used

The layout Command has a portal for the related table Products to input the Products

SO HERE IS MY APPROACH but if you have any other approach such as the use of a portal and “x” relationship please do tell me

I have created a field1 in the table Chemical that list all the process in each chemical, then another field2 in the table product that list all the process in field 1 and a simple custom function to remove the duplicates

Ex: for product 1 the list would display “Element 1, Element 2, Element 3, Element 2, Element 4”

With the custom function it displays “Element 1, Element 2, Element 3, Element 4”

I want to make a grid (as below) when i print the specification of Product 1, my only problem is how do i make such a grid????????

Element 1

Element 2

Element 3

Element 4

Chemical 1

YES

YES

YES

Chemical 2

YES

YES

OR                 I can also use the table below, both are acceptable

Chemical 1

Chemical 2

Element 1

YES

Element 2

YES

YES

Element 3

YES

Element 4

YES

I have just start my IT Career and don’t know much about Filemaker 13, please to tell me with comprehensive instructions on how to make this grid

Outcomes