1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 2:42 PM by TSGal

Grid layouts?

sencina

Title

Grid layouts?

Is it possible in FileMaker Pro 7 or above to create a layout that appears in a grid? I know I can do labels, but those appear only in print view.  I want minimal information, like a small thumbnail image of the record (actually, not for the record but for the object described in the record) and its identifying tag below it.  If possible, I'd like it if clicking on the thumbnail could take it to the full record, but just getting that grid layout (preferably in Browse mode) would be the start.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Grid layouts?
          TSGal

sencina:

Thank you for your post.

An easy grid-like form would be to pull down the View menu and select "View as Table".  However, you wouldn't be able to see a thumbnail.  Therefore, make the layout small in height, and then pull down the View menu and select "View as List".  Now, you'll be able to see one record after another.

To create a grid, you can use the line tool to place at the top or bottom of the layout.

In Layout Mode, select the Container field, pull down the Format menu and select "Button Setup..."  Have this switch to another layout (detail?) when pressed.  That is, when you click on the thumbnail, the button will switch to another layout with detail information.

Let me know if you run into any difficulty, or if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.