1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2009 3:12 PM by Sorbsbuster

Group Access

Apple

Title

Group Access

I have a database with 2 groups, 4 passwords, 3 layouts, and many fields.  I have gone through the steps in the book to set up proper access to a group...i.e., clicking on the group, then identifying which layouts and fields this group should be able to access.  I understand the solid dots, the blurred dots, and the open dots.  I then clicked "save."  When I sign in as a user of say Group 2, I can see layouts that I shouldn't be able to see.  I have gone through this process for hours.....any suggestions on how to get the changes to "take" while setting up groups?

Thanks. 

• 1. Re: Group Access
          Sorbsbuster

Welcome to the forum, Apple,

Can you confirm the version you're using? - sounds like pre-7.

I had a similar problem years ago, but it was because I hadn't realised that I could only make changes whenever I highlighted the Group.  I found it misleading because I could click on the other columns in the access table and apparently change things, and I seemed to be able to make changes but then they just didn't stick.

I accept that you say you are 'clicking on the Group', but your problem sounds very similar to the misunderstanding I had.

Alan.