3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 12:48 PM by TSGal

Grouped Data Report - Does IWP support grouped categories?

ddick

Title

Grouped Data Report - Does IWP support grouped categories?

I'm fairly new to Filemaker and I'm trying to determine if what I want to do is even possible. I'm using FM Pro Advanced.

I'm settings up a report that has two separate tables, tOrder and tOrderItem. tOrder contains all of the "header" data for a given work order, including the master orderID. OrderItem contains the line items tied to each order (one-to-many relationship) using orderID as the related field.

I've inserted a report layout using the "Grouped Data" option and selected the orderID as the only grouping category to use.When I view this report in FileMaker, it groups everything by the orderID. However, when I view this layout in IWP, it omits the orderID grouped category and shows just the other data in a simple columnar format.

Can I get IWP to show the grouped categories for my report layout?

• 1. Re: Grouped Data Report - Does IWP support grouped categories?
          TSGal

ddick:

Thank you for your post.

From page 28 of the "FileMaker 10 Instant Web Publishing Guide" (that is installed in your Electronic Documentation folder):

"The FileMaker Pro Title Header, Title Footer, and Summary layout parts are not supported and should be removed from layouts used with Instant Web Publishing."

Therefore, you will not be able to show any grouped categories on your report layout with Instant Web Publishing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Grouped Data Report - Does IWP support grouped categories?
            ddick

Yeah, after posting here I quickly realized that IWP doesn't have a "Preview" mode. Like I said, I'm just getting start with Filemaker. I also am just learning that viewing reports in "Browse" mode is a new feature for v10.

I'm working on a solution that keeps me constrained to a List View and utilizes web friendly script steps. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Grouped Data Report - Does IWP support grouped categories?
              TSGal

ddick:

You really don't give me much information on what you are trying to accomplish with your solution, but there was another user who wanted to display summarized data in Instant Web Publishing, and that solution involved creating a second table for reporting purposes only that would loop through the original table and summing the value for each Product.  When the Product changed, that information would be added to the second table, and then reinitialize the variables.

If you would like more information about how to accomplish that, let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.