1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 8:48 AM by philmodjunk

Grouping Duplicate Items in Layout

StewIves

Title

Grouping Duplicate Items in Layout

I've started using the Assets starter solution and I have multiple pieces of equipment that are identical by "Item" field but with unique serial numbers and thus seperate assets. I have gotten the count of a distinct Item using a table occurence but on my layout I can't figure out how to group these items as such and be able to drill down to the individual asset as well:

count    picture    item

(2)                       Panasonic 8k Projector

asset                            serial number

Panasonic DX800     11122xxx

Panasonic DX800     11122xxx

Uploaded is what I have so far. Please help me if you know how to create this layout!

Thanks,

Stew

Screen_Shot_2013-07-17_at_1.58.24_AM.png

• 1. Re: Grouping Duplicate Items in Layout
          philmodjunk

Put:

count    picture    item

(2)                       Panasonic 8k Projector

asset                            serial number

into a sub summary layout part (see the Part setup dialog for adding this) "when sorted by" your item. The (2) can be produced from a "count of" type summary field. When you place it in a sub summary part, it computes a sub total based on  the records grouped below/above that sub summary part.

Your records must be sorted in a sort order that includes the sub summary part's break (when sorted by) field or the layout part will not be visible when you are not in layout mode.