AnsweredAssumed Answered

GTRR

Question asked by eibcga on Dec 12, 2010
Latest reply on May 12, 2011 by crtopher

Title

GTRR

Hello all,

I have finally been able to make good use of the Go To Related Record (GTRR) script step so it works as intended.  I had to learn the hard way.  I was able to replace a relatively long and inefficient script with a new more efficient script that only had a few steps making full use of GTRR.

My GTRR script now works as intended, but I had to create a self-join table for it to work as I wanted it to.  I still scratch my head why it was necessary to make a self-join table when I thought the GTRR script step would do the job without it.  Can anybody shed some light on why?

I attach my ERD.  What I wanted to do was for FMPA11v2 for Mac to (step 1) give me all related records from the LEDGER (aka transaction detail) table that match the specified Account record only in the ACCOUNT table.  Then, (step 2) of that found set from step 1, run GTRR again to give me all related records in the current found set of step 1 from the LEDGER table.  Step 2 did not work as intended unless I replaced LEDGER table with a self-join LEDGER_GTRR table.  Why was that necessary for it to work?  If I had not created a self-join table, then the found set from step 2 would be the exact same records as those found in step 1.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!  

Screen_shot_2010-12-12_at_12.15.10_PM.png

Outcomes