5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 2:05 PM by JohhnyHilly

GTRR from portal

JohhnyHilly

Title

GTRR from portal

I have a portal with numerous records/rows in and I am wanting to click a single button so that all those records are "generated" in another layout so I can add further data to each record. i.e. one record from the portal will be one record in the next layout.

I'm not sure how to constrain the find set to only capture the records from THAT portal. There will be many other records from other portals and I can't quite seem to constrain the find to just one portal. Any ideas on how to constrain the find in a script would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: GTRR from portal
          philmodjunk

"generated" as in create new records?

Or do you just mean that you want to find the same records shown in the portal on the new layout?

GTRR will find the records shown in the portal, making the portal record that was clicked to perform the GTRR the current record of that set.

Seems like we have been down this road a half dozen times already...

• 2. Re: GTRR from portal
            JohhnyHilly

Or do you just mean that you want to find the same records shown in the portal on the new layout?

Yes I mean this. I am well aware of how to do a GTRR and I have already done it, but I can't constrain the found set to the records from that one portal. Over time there will be many records coming from many portals so I need to constrain the found set to that one portal...

• 3. Re: GTRR from portal
              philmodjunk

GTRR with the "match current record only" option should produce a found set of just the records shown in the portal. When you click a button inside the portal row to perform the GTRR, the portal row that was clicked becomes the current record, but the other portal records are still part of the found set.

• 4. Re: GTRR from portal
                JohhnyHilly

Ok. Can I not have a button on the layout outside the portal that does this too? I was hoping to avoid having to click on a record in the portal.

• 5. Re: GTRR from portal
                  JohhnyHilly

Oh, it seems to work with the button too. Don't worry about the previous post. Thanks Phil.