2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2011 4:25 PM by -bc-

GTRR Problem

-bc-

Title

GTRR Problem

I have a portal on one layout where the user can enter basic details (Title, first name, middle name, last name, sufix) and finally a button formated to GTRR opening a new window to enter the details related to that record.  After entering the name information I click on the window which opens nicely but I'm unable to ender data.  I receive an ""this record cannot be modified in this window because another window is editing this data" (or words to that effect).  If I click outside the portal before clicking on the button it works fine but I don't want a user to religh on that.  I've seen this done without difficulty, I've done it in other applications without difficulty, but I can't figure out what is different now.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: GTRR Problem
          rjlevesque

So you want them to enter partial data, then open a new window to enter more data?

Have a script commit record and then GTRR possibly?

Or create a duplicate of that table (example duplicate of TABLE becomes TABLE_PORTAL), use the portal table for fields in the popup window.

• 2. Re: GTRR Problem
            -bc-

After doing it with a script I didn't even bother trying to duplicate the table.  The script solution worked exactly as I needed.

Thanks for your help

Bruce