2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 9:33 AM by Shopper

Guest Trying To Open As Host

Shopper

Title

Guest Trying To Open As Host

I'm using Filmaker Pro 6 running under Mac Classic.  My database is opened as a multi-user on one particular computer and when I attempt to open the database as a guest from another computer it tries to open as host again.  I have 4 Mac computers all running Pro 6 in OS 9.2.2 and can host the database from any of the other 3 machines with no problem and all the other computers will open as a guests, including the problem one.  It's just on this one machine that the others refuse to see running as the host.  Unfortunately the problem computer is the stronger computer and I really need to be able to use it as the host.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Guest Trying To Open As Host
          mrvodka
             Can you try and specify the IP address of that computer when using Open Remote?
          • 2. Re: Guest Trying To Open As Host
            Shopper
               I have tried to specify IP for about 3 days but nothing would open and no hosts appeared on the Open Remote screen at all.  But after your post I decided to go ahead and try it again.  I opened the FileMaker Pro application on one of the guest computers and the open file window came up.  I clicked on the "hosts" button, which usually brings up the Open Remote window, to put in the IP and was I surprised to find that the computer and database I have been trying to access actually appeared in the host window - for the first time.  I opened the files and logged right in as a guest.  I also did the same on the 2 other guest computers and they too logged right in as well.  I've been working on this off and on for several weeks I'm not sure what changed since yesterday but everything is working properly now so problem solved.  Thanks for your fast reply to my post and your apparent magical capablities.