2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2011 8:02 AM by philmodjunk

Guidance, portals and related records?

Thicks

Title

Guidance, portals and related records?

Question

Can anyone give me a little breakdown of how I would go about setting-up the following. I just need a little guidance to get me headed off in the right direction.

What I already have:

I have a contracts table that has a portal that links to a related table of businesses. The portal brings over the businesses basic info.

What I would like:

I would like to be able to click on the companies name or ID number in the portal and it take me to another layout with a portal that I could list payments made to that company and on what days to give me a running total. I would then like this total to appear in the 1st portal (contracts) next to the companies name.

I appreciate all of the help. I've never done something like this before.

• 1. Re: Guidance, portals and related records?
          mgores

My first thought would be to have a Table1:currenttotal field in the table shown in your first layout.  Then from your second layout have a script Set Field Table1:currenttotal to Table2:runningtotal.  You can put a button next to the running total on your second layout that runs that script and returns you to the first layout or make the field a button so all you have to do is click on that field.

• 2. Re: Guidance, portals and related records?
            philmodjunk

Contracts----<Businesses----<Payments

You can define a calculation field in Businesses as Sum ( Payments::PaymentAmount ) so that you can place it in the portal to Businesses to report the total payments from the payment total for that business.

Your button that takes you from a contracts layout to the businesses layout can use this script step:

Go To Related Record [Show only related records; From table: Businesses; Using layout: "Businesses" (Businesses)]