4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 1:54 PM by neutralbay

Hand Cursor on Popover Button

BillPlunkett

Title

Hand Cursor on Popover Button

How does one have the cursor change to the Hand when hovering over a popover button???

• 1. Re: Hand Cursor on Popover Button
          digitalemu

Would also like to know the answer to this one... 

• 2. Re: Hand Cursor on Popover Button
            neutralbay

I think this is either an oversight or a bad decision. For desktop or browser (I get that it doesn't apply to iOS), users have learned that a hover state reinforces the ability to click on the object to take action.  When some "buttons" (even a text object has a hover state) don't have the option to "change cursor to hand over button", it's inconsistent and a bit frustrating.

We have had to go to lengths to achieve this behavior by using a normal button that simple goes to an object that is or is on the popover.

Sure would be nice to add the ability to do this.  Did I mention Tabs??? Same issue.

• 3. Re: Hand Cursor on Popover Button
              Nehme

Simply don't use it:

Do those steps:

Create your popover button. Hide it (put 1 in the "Hide Object When" in the Inspector)

Double click on the popover button in layout mode, click on the popover window and give your popover window a name in the Inspector (exp, "Test" )

Use a normal button that does the following: Go to Object "Test" (don't even need to create a script for this).

Here you can choose to show you hand or not.

Hope this helps

• 4. Re: Hand Cursor on Popover Button
                neutralbay

Nehme,

I really appreciate the suggestion.  This is EXACTLY what I do (complete with a dedicated modular script where I pass other parameters including which field to focus, etc.)

I should have mentioned it, but I'm glad to know others use the technique.

Thanks again.