1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 1:52 PM by philmodjunk

Handling "End of Trial Period"

ldyk

Title

Handling "End of Trial Period"

Response

Thank you for your question! We will respond within two business days. 

Reports with Totals, Counts or Averages: Sub-Summary Reports
      Keyboard Shortcuts in FileMaker Pro 3.x for Macintosh
      Sorting Records in Portals
       Discussion Thread
       Customer By Web Form (Larry D. Dykstra) Jan 07, 2012 08:36 PM PST

On 1/4/12, I downloaded FileMaker Pro to my MacBook (OS 10.6.8) on a trial basis to see if I could open my old FMP 3.0 files, and a few in AppleWorks. Results were interesting; my recollections were slow, but Filemaker soon became fun again.

I want to write a book based on a couple of my Filemaker (Pro 3.0) files from several years back. I was told I could do it all in Filemaker, but I don't remember what I had set up.

My motor skills are quite limited; comprehension and memory difficulties are also limiting. I upgraded my Mac to OS 10.6.8 so I can use Dragon Dictate for Mac, and QuickBooks 2012 for Mac.

My Filemaker trial period is almost up. I need help in selecting the Filemaker version I need, and a good place to buy it.

Please help!

• 1. Re: Handling "End of Trial Period"
          philmodjunk

If you can possibly purchase FileMaker Advanced even if you do not plan to develop databases for a living, do so. The database design report and script debugger/data viewer features can save you a massive amount of frustration when you make a change to your database and the results aren't what you expected.

If you are involved with a community orginization that provides you with assitance in dealing with your personal challenges, you might want to see if they can get you a copy of FileMaker for free. FileMaker does have a policy for donating copies to non-church charitable organizations so you might just be able to work something out that saves you some money if that is a concern.