Bob Schwenkler wrote:
Is there a way to have a script autorun when a database or layout is accessed?
The main thing I'd like to do with this is to have a user automatically directed toward a home page when a database is opened.
To select a script to run when a file is opened:
- Select File Options from the file menu
- Click the Perform Script Check box that is part of the "when opening this file" section
- Click the Specify button to select a script from those that have already been created for this file.
If you are using Filemaker 10, and want a script to run when a layout is accessed:
- Navigate to the layout.
- Enter Layout Mode
- Select Layouts | Layout Set Up...
- Click the Script Trigger Tab
- Select On Layout Load and specify the script to run when the layout loads.
Hope that helps.