AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having a problem with Conditional Value Lists

Question asked by SteveRicci on Dec 15, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Having a problem with Conditional Value Lists

Hi all,

I am having a problem with conditional value lists in an invoice.  I have been watched a bunch of tutorials and tried to figure this out for a few days now and I still can't get it and I am hoping someone could shed some light on the situation.  I will explain the simplified version of what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a "Customer" table where all customer company names and their addresses are stored. Then I have a "Contacts" table where any contacts are stored that belong to a company listed in the "Customer" table. There can be multiple contacts that belong to any given customer. In the "Contacts" layout there is a simple value list pop-up that displays all of the current customers to choose from (This value list is not a problem and works fine). Lastly, there is an "Invoice" table and layout where there will be two pop-ups, the first one allows the user to choose the "Customer" that they are creating the invoice for. The second pop-up will display the "Contacts" that only belong to the current customer selected in the first "Customer" pop-up (This is where I am having my problem) =( .

Also, on the "Invoice" layout I have the address fields being populated by data based upon the "Customer" pop-up selection and the email field being populated with data based upon the "Contact" pop-up selection.

I have tried various different ways to try and get this work and I have not been able to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have included a few screenshots to help explain my dilema. Thank you in advance.

~Steve

Invoice_Value_List_Problem.png

Outcomes