2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2012 9:05 AM by philmodjunk

Having Problems With Email Subscription

user14040

Title

Having Problems With Email Subscription

Hi

I created a email subscription which email subscribers when my community newspaper has a new issue available.

The email works fine when displaying the PDF of the record but when I put the link in the body of the message it is always showing Vol. 24 No. 10 with it's link.  It's not showing the current Volume which should be Vol. 24 No. 12 and the current web link

attached is the image of the relationship I have.

Tables are Customers, Company, Newspaper 2

fk=foriegnKey

Customers::CompanyIDfk - Company::CustomerIDfk

Customers::LinkIDfk - Newspaper 2::LinkIDfk

On Customers Layout(Customers)

I have a portal from Newspaper 2 table that list all volumes of the newspaper that each customer is subscribed to.

Within the portal I have a dropdown menu called Sent(Yes, Reconciled)

When a email is sent it changes the drop down value from Yes to Reconciled for each subscriber.

When I send the email it works the way I wont except for when I put this code in the body of the message

"Attached You Will Find  "  &  NewsPaper 2::VolNumber & "¶" & "  Please use this link to View PDF " & NewsPaper 2::WebLink

I guessing that the problem is my relationship not sure.  Any ideals where my error is.

thanks

subscription_relationship.jpg

• 1. Re: Having Problems With Email Subscription
          user14040

I believe it is a problem with relationship,  

what I have been trying to do is 

each customer is assigned the new Volume but I dont want to use a drop down menu to assign each subscriber.

When i add a new volume newspaper i want it to automatically assign everyone the volume and it is listed in the portal for each customer/subscriber

Customers::LinkIDfk - Newspaper 2::LinkIDfk  list all of the volumes for each subscriber but i am stuck on how to set it up, when I add new Volumes it is assigned to all subscribers so I can email the new volume to subscribers.

• 2. Re: Having Problems With Email Subscription
            philmodjunk

If you are on a layout based on Customers when you send the email, your  NewsPaper 2::VolNumber & "¶" & "  Please use this link to View PDF " & NewsPaper 2::WebLink calculation will refer to the first related record in NewsPaper 2.

You need to either set up a new relationship to NewsPaper or modify the existing one to sort the relationship by VolNumber such that the first related record is your most recent record. If VolNumber is a field of type number, you can sort your relationship by VolNumber in Descending order to put the most recent record first. To specify a sorted relationship, double click the relationship line between Customers and newpaper 2 to open a dialog where you'll find an option for sorting Newspaper 2.