1. how are the companies and employees tables related?
2. do you already have a "branch" field setup in one of your tables?
3. If a company currently has several locations (branches), how are those being stored: are they listed on the Company's record, etc?
Thanks for the reply.
1. Each company has a primary Key (auto enter serial number) each employee (contact) has a field with the company number (foreign key) the relation ship is "employee" table "foreign key" = "Company" table "primary Key"
2. There is not a branch field at he moment but I can add any fields as necessary. I will almost certainly have to have a field containing the branch name/identifier if I remove it from the company name (see answer to 3.)
3. The companies and their head office are currently in the "Companies" table each branch has the town name added to the company name. ie tesco (Chelmsford) This naming convention has been carried over from an ACT database and does not have to be maintained. In fact we want to remove the town name because the address will be used in our quotations and will have to be edited manually each time if we can't remove it.
Thanks in advance