Are you printing more than one page?
Are you printing a found set of multiple records or just one record?
Is this field in the header a field with global storage specified?
Is it from a related table
In a list view layout, if you put a field that is not a global field in the header and is not from a related table where the relationship links the same record from the related table to all records in your found set, what value from that field appears in the record will be different depending on whether or not you are in Browse mode. In Browse mode, the field displays data from the current record. In Preview and when printing/saving as PDF, the field displays data from the first record on the page. And in Preview, you automatically see a preview starting from the first record in your found set--which may not be the records that you are looking at in browse mode or when you print/save as PDF in some cases.
A field can also have a "hide when printing" setting specified, but that seems an unlikely possibility here.
Hi: I appreciate your help! I am printing a “Printer”-based report in “Form” view. This report layout is based on the “Events Menu” table. The “Body” data comes from the “Events Menu” table. Data in the SubSummary and Header Parts are from the “Events” table. Those two tables are related by the field EVENTNUM.About 50% of the time, the report is only one page. The point of the header is so when pages are printed out, you can easily identify which subsequent pages (2 or 3) belong with the more clearly marked Page 1.The fields I have in the Header Part is: Events::EventID and Events::AccountNameThey are not global fields. The fields are definitely NOT marked as “Hide when printing”.I have two scenarios:“Print Only this Event’s Menu”: On the Events layout is a button with a script that goes to a Related Record from the “Event Menus” table and Matches the Current Record Only.It then sorts those records:EventMenus::fkEVENTNUMEventMenus::ItemLineSort“Print this Week’s Events Menus”: On the Events layout is a button with a script that finds all of the records in “Event Menus” for the Events of this week. It then sorts those records:Events::DateofEventEventMenus::fkEVENTNUMEventMenus::ItemLineSortThank you for your help!
What you describe here, if you have one record to a page, seems like it should work for you.
That's all that I can tell from here without an even more detailed understanding of your layout and database design.
So I went ahead and deleted the field from the header, and deleted the Header Part as well. Then I saved the Layout, and closed the Database file entirely. I went back into the Database, went to the correct Layout, re-created the Header Part, added back the field, and now everything work as it is supposed to. :-)