Header Not Printing
I am using FMP 13.0.3 and have a header set up in the Layout view. However, the header does not appear in Preview or Browse and does not print. What am I doing wrong?
I got it! There was an option in the Layout view to print headers in the table view.
Can you enter layout mode, capture a screen shot of your layout and then use the upload an image controls to upload that screen shot here so that we can see it?
Is the space for the header there, but objects or data that are in the header don't show? (there are several different reasons why that might be the case.)
Here you go.
There are several possible reasons why the "Red Club" field's data may not appear on your layout:
1) There is a "hide when printing" option on the sliding and visibility section of the Inspector that can specify that an object not be visible when printed or previewed.
2) Preview previews all the records in the current found set for your layout, starting with the first record. If you have a found set of 20 records and your current record is the 15th record in the found set, the data from that record may not be visible when you first preview your layout until you click the book control to get to the page that previews the 15th record.
3) If Red Club is a non-global field, it will show data from the current record in Browse Mode. In preview mode, it will show data from the first record on that particular page of previewed or printed data. If your layout is s list view type report with multiple records on the page, that can create unexpected results when you print or preview from the layout.
4) conditional formatting expressions can hide an object if designed to do so using the get(windowMode) function to format the object differently when in preview mode than when in Browse mode.
5) In similar manner, so can FileMaker 13's new "Hide object when" property
I can see the header in form and list view but not in table view (In Preview), which is where i need it. I did not create a field for the "Red Club" in the header but went to the font tool and typed it in.
I did not have the "Hide when printing" button selected.
Retrieving data ...