3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 2:48 PM by chuck021

Header prints correctly on some pages not on others.

chuck021

Title

Header prints correctly on some pages not on others.

I have a 17 page report with a title header (that always prints properly), and then a header for the remaining 16 pages that consists of some texts (labels) and about 30 fields that are inserted from a single-record table.  On some pages (say 2 -10) the header prints as it should, then for several pages, only the text prints.  Then it prints properly on some other pages.  I can't find a pattern either before or on the pages that are not printing properly.  I have found that when I tinker with the part height (both on the header and on the sub-summary parts beneath it) I can change the pages that print and don't print, but I can't get them all to print properly.  (I'm attaching a screen shot.)

Any help would be appreciated. 

TotalDealersScreenCap.png

• 1. Re: Header prints correctly on some pages not on others.
          philmodjunk

and about 30 fields that are inserted from a single-record table

So there is a relationship between that single-record table and the table that is the basis for your report? What relationship do you have linking the two tables?

Data in the header, when previewing the report or printing/PDFing it, is based on the first record on that page. If, for some reason, there is no valid link between that record in your single record table, there will be no data from it in the header for that page.

When you review your layout in browse mode, the data shown is based on the current record, not the first record on a given page, so you may not notice this issue in browse mode unless you carefully click from record to record so that different records besides the first one in your found set are the current record.

• 2. Re: Header prints correctly on some pages not on others.
            chuck021

Thanks for your help, Phil.  There is a relationship between the single-record table and the table (YTDTabulation) that I'm pulling the results from, but I'm going to check to see if there's anything funny about the first record on the pages that aren't printing (empty fields, etc.).  Since the pages that are not printing change according to the spacing in the body (different first records on pages), that may be the problem.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Header prints correctly on some pages not on others.
              chuck021

You were right, Phil.  If the first record on the page was an empty record (dealer information, but no results), the header fields didn't print.  I created a flag field in both the tables, set it and used that as the relationship.  Now it works.  Thanks for your help.