4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 3:49 AM by richw

Headers in Reports

richw

Title

Headers in Reports

Hi everyone, 

I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having;

I have a set of reports set up for remittance advices, with a header, body, sub-summary and footer.
      Currently the body info per person could be just one set of details or many more depending on how many times they're being paid. The header appears on every page, the sub-summary appears only on the last page, the footer appears on every page.

What I'd like to be able to do is make the header only appear on the first page of each person's set of remittance advices (if they have more than one), this is because it is the address.  Can this be done?

Also, as the sub-summary (which are total calculations) appears only on the last page, on all previous pages there is a big gap where this should be.  Can this gap be removed?

Many thanks in advance,

Richard

• 1. Re: Headers in Reports
          richw

Apologies,

I just read Modman's post at the top of the page.

I am using File Maker Pro Advanced 10 on Windows XP.  A step by step guide with what to do would be very  helpful as I'm not that experienced.

Thanks  

• 2. Re: Headers in Reports
            philmodjunk

Is your report listing all the info for just one person or a series of persons?

Just one person:

Make your header a Leading Grand Summary or a Title header

Multiple persons:

replace the header with another sub-summary part set to "sort by" the person's name or an ID number (whatever groups the records by person).

Set it to have a page break before each occurrence.

• 3. Re: Headers in Reports
              richw

It was indeed for a series of people.  I've tried what you suggested and it has worked! Thanks so much for your help.

Do you have a solution to my other question regarding the sub-summary at the bottom -  "As the sub-summary (which are total calculations) appears only on the last page (which is correct), on all previous pages there is a big gap where this should be.  
              Can this gap be removed at all?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Headers in Reports
                richw

After a bit of fiddling around with the 'body' options I have managed to solve my other problem.

Thanks so much for the help.

Richard