1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 10:28 AM by CarlGrainger

Hello Filemaker this is Earth 2013 calling - Why can't Filemaker be bothered?

CarlGrainger

Title

Hello Filemaker this is Earth 2013 calling - Why can't Filemaker be bothered?

Hello Filemaker this is Earth 2013 calling,

Please tell me where the grid and collection view controls are? How can I build decent iOS device solutions with the controls you're offering? You have seemingly been asked for many years to provide a flexible grid layout - yet I find nothing. In addition any progressive solution provider would by now have already provided a flexible collection view layout - but again I can find nothing.

Your UI is seriously behind the times for modern mobile solutions. You're holding us back and forcing us to go with native iOS solutions for relatively simple interface solutions so they don't look 10 years old or more. With all those long served Bento guys you're making (made) redundant surely one of them could knock out a loose based grid view of records before they leave the building?

If anyone has any info or links on how to achieve an efficient collection-view or even a flexible grid-based layout for records it would be most appreciated.

In the meantime I predict that with the apparent stagnation of Filemaker UI controls development coupled with the increasing rise and enterprise share of unsupported non-iOS smart devices - the long term health of Filemaker mobile seems terminal.