2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 8:24 AM by philmodjunk

Hello, I am working on a database that tracks training enrollment at an institute. I have a...

HeatherCook

Hello,

I am working on a database that tracks training enrollment at an institute.  I have a table for Students, Packages, Workshops, and Registration (this one is line list for student taking a workshop).  Workshops are linked to Registration; Students linked to Registration; Students linked to Packages.  Packages simply mean you pay for a group of workshops up front and therefore receive a discount.  Depending on the package that is purchased, a certain percent discount is given.  I can calculate the student workshop cost with the discount and display the workshops that were taken as part of the package, the latter by setting up a portal.  The difficulty comes when a student signs up for multiple packages. 

Students can purchase multiple packages, each with a different discount.  I need to be able to link the correct package to the workshop that they register for.  I can't link packages to workshops because there is already a path linking these two via students.  I also need to show the workshops that are associated with a specific package in a portal.

Suggestions are appreciated,

Heather